Well I have read peoples blogs today and have had so much fun doing it. But it means that I haven’t done any housework, as am preoccupied with reading Blogs. Not a good idea.
One blog that really struck a cord was by Josie. It made me think that I haven’t actually made any resolutions or plans for this year, and I have so many things that I want to do. I know that it is a bit late but I was thinking that if I don’t put something down I know that I will end up starting one thing and not finishing it and carrying on that cycle. So that when 2011 arrives I wont have actually completed anything I will just have a load of non starters, and I really don’t want that.
So I have thought about this all evening, and this is what I have come up:
1) To keep writing my blog: You are probably thinking a simple and boring plan really, but I have put this in as I don’t want to get bogged down with everything else in our day-to-day lives and not have time to write on here.
2) Finishing my writing course: I started this a year ago now, and I really want to get further with this. My ambition has always been to be a writer and this year I want to focus on this.
3) Not to inhibit myself: I no longer want to not do things because I think that I can’t. I don’t want to not include it on my list of things to do because I think it is a too big a task. Everything can be done in small steps and that is the way that I want to start thinking. I know that Mr L and I have talked about big plans in the past and we have always said “we can’t because of….” the dog, the baby, the house, no money, no time, work, friends, family commitments. Well no more not this year, this year we will be saying “to achieve this we need to do a, b, and c to get there”. Lets see how different thinking can lead to better things!
4) Not to be a perfectionist: I am slightly obsessed about being a perfectionist about everything. If I am writing something down and I have to correct something I would rather rewrite the whole thing. I know completely mad, I used to do this all the time at university and have managed to control it slightly. But I don’t like it if the house isn’t tidy all the time, if the ironing isn’t done, if we are not doing enough with Baba, if we haven’t taken our beagle out enough. All ridiculous things like that and I aim not to do this as much as I have in the past, I promise Mr L. (He will be so pleased).
5) To grow my business: This ties in with number 3 and 4. I need to break the goals I have for work into smaller chunks so that I feel I am achieving them and then move on to the next goal. I need to again loosen my reign on perfectionism I do not need to have the tidiest diary, I just need to understand it.
6) To scrapbook: I LOVE TO SCRAPBOOK!!! Love it, love it, love it and always have. I have years of scrapbooks to catch up on and I intend to do as much of it as possible. When I scrapbook I am totally calm and it is a place that I love to be in and I want to be there more often this year.
And finally my last plan is:
7) Spend more time with my boys: I want to spend more time with all the boys in my life, the big one, the little one and the four-legged one. I love it when we are all together and I love going for family walks with “T” our beagle and taking pictures. We were discussing this earlier and there is nothing nicer than walking along the English Coast with him, but one thing that we need to do to do this more this year is to buy a baby carrier as Baba now wants to walk but gets to tired still! I want to find new places to go with them all and create some great memories to scrap and talk about.
So there it is that is my plan for the year, a little late I know but at least it is now down, and no more thinking about I know just have to do it!